Wednesday 4 June 2014

Afro-Caribbean hair





The client came in for a one length cut and blow dry I was terrified when I saw her hair as I had never worked with afro-Caribbean hair before. Her hair was very damaged as she used hair straighteners a lot so I suggested we do an intensive conditioning treatment first. After the conditioning treatment the hair was much easier to comb I had to hold the hair really firmly to keep it straight but it was really tricky to cut as the hair was curling round my fingers. I managed the cut and afterwards I applied a leave-in conditioner before blow drying the clients hair. I was so nervous at first but I found it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and now I would feel a lot more comfortable doing afro-caribbean hair in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment