Wednesday 4 June 2014

Competition (Wizard of Oz)




We had a competition in college where we had one hour to style the hair to a theme of our choice. We were able to prepare the models clothes and makeup before but only had one hour for the actual hairstyle. We also had to design a mood board to show our ides and inspirations for the style. I chose The Wizard of Oz as my theme and used my little girl as my model. First I curled all the hair and then backcombed it to add some volume this was supposed to be like the cowardly lion I then used a yellow hair piece and plaited it right down the hair and this was the yellow brick road finally I put lots of straw in the curls for the scarecrow and completed the look by putting her in a Dorothy outfit. It was very nerve racking doing the competition and I finished with only 3 minutes to spare but I was really glad I took part.

No comments:

Post a Comment